Although there are numerous non-surgical cosmetic treatments for skin concerns like wrinkles and discolored skin, many of the common skin problems can be avoided with proper skin care. Spending time on daily skin care can keep your skin looking fresh and healthy, which means you will have to spend less on cosmetic enhancement in the future.
With good skin care, you can prevent:
- Wrinkles: The number one cause of wrinkles is sun damage. Using a daily sunscreen can dramatically reduce your chance of developing wrinkles.
- Acne: Acne can be aggravated by unclean or clogged pores and oily skin. Washing daily or twice daily can reduce skin redness and acne.
- Blackheads: Blackheads are a result of dirt and oil building up in your pores. A good cleanser and exfoliation can help reduce the appearance of blackheads.
- Oily skin: Some people suffer with very oily skin; for these people, daily cleansing and using an oil-free or water-based moisturizer can help reduce acne.
- Dull skin: Accumulated dead skin cells can cause your skin to look dull. Exfoliation can remove these skin cells and brighten up your skin.
- Dry skin: Moisturizing can help to improve dry skin, giving you a healthy glow.
Here are 3 basic steps that can help prevent some of the most common skin concerns:
Wash: Cleansing your skin is essential to having healthy skin. As a dermatologist in Tucson, I recommend that my patients wash their skin gently with a good skin cleanser, rinsing thoroughly.
Exfoliate and Moisturize: Clear away dead skin cells to avoid clogging your pores. Moisturizing your skin keeps your skin healthier and more youthful.
Sunscreen: Sun exposure can lead to wrinkles and discolored skin, so be sure to put on sun screen to protect your delicate skin.