Our licensed estheticians analyze each patient’s skin to create a customized facial at our Albany medical spa, but it’s also important for people to take active roles in maintaining a healthy skin appearance. Here are 5 tips from our team for effectively incorporating facials into your skincare regimen:
- Find the right facial for your specific needs with the help of an experienced esthetician. There is a range of indulgent and effective facial therapies, and choosing a qualified specialist will ensure you have access to options that address your exact needs.
- Schedule regular facials to maintain your results. Just like exercising to maintain fitness, healthy skin requires consistent upkeep.
- Avoid touching your face. Hands have a layer of oil, bacteria, and dirt that can clog pores and cause breakouts. If you need to touch your face at certain points in the day, first take time to thoroughly wash your hands.
- Trade in heavy cosmetics for light, SPF-packed formulas. Most medical spas offer respected skincare lines that target specific skin-related concerns. Your esthetician should be able to help you in selecting a line that matches your needs.
- Stick to a regular skin regimen at home. Keeping your skin at its best requires daily attention, so create a routine that is easy to remember and follow. Regular attention can help you maintain the strong results and youthful glow you achieved with a facial treatment.