If you’re considering liposuction, you probably have numerous questions and concerns. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, I answer many questions about liposuction from our Syracuse, Albany and surrounding Upstate New York patients. Following are 3 of the more common questions and my answers:
Who is a candidate?
Liposuction is not a weight-loss treatment. Good candidates for liposuction will meet the following criteria:
- Have specific areas of fat that don’t respond to regular diet and exercise
- Be in good general health
- Have good skin elasticity
- Be a non-smoker, or be able to quit smoking
- Have realistic expectations
- Be at or close to your ideal weight
How long is recovery?
Healing takes about 2 weeks and final results take longer, but you may need anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks away from work. This depends on how you feel and your line of work.
Can I combine this procedure with other treatments?