With the warmer months just around the corner, many people are excited to shed their winter layers and show some skin in shorts. But for others, summertime can be stressful. Cellulite, varicose veins, unsightly hair and stubble, and other concerns can make a day at the beach feel like anything but. Here are my top choices to help you love your legs this summer:
- Liposuction: At my San Jose practice, liposuction is still as popular as ever — and for good reason. This procedure is extremely versatile and can be used on different areas of the legs, including the ankles and inner thighs. With small incisions, liposuction is a great solution for toned, shapely legs. Today, liposuction comes in many forms, including water-assisted and Smartlipo™ options.
- CoolSculpting® or ZERONA®: For those who are bothered by excess fat but not sure if liposuction is a good match, CoolSculpting or ZERONA might be the answer. CoolSculpting is an FDA-cleared, non-surgical treatment that cools fat deposits, causing fat cells to die naturally in a process called apoptosis. Over the course of several weeks, the targeted fat deposits shrink, leaving behind a tighter, more sculpted appearance. ZERONA uses non-invasive laser light to shrink fat cells.
- Cellulite treatments: Cellulite is the result of stiff underlying tissue that contributes to dimples. For a cellulite treatment to be effective, it must address the structural component of cellulite, rather than fat alone. Topical products are seldom very effective, but surgery isn’t always necessary to treat cellulite. At my practice, I offer Cellulaze™, SmoothShapes®, and acoustic wave therapy to treat the structure of cellulite.
- Laser hair removal: Permanent, significant reduction of unwanted hair is within your reach with laser hair removal. Today’s advanced lasers are effective on most patients, regardless of hair or skin color. Laser hair removal can be used on any part of the body, including large areas such as the legs. A few sessions are all it takes to say goodbye to shaving and waxing for good.
- Vein treatments: Today, many treatments exist to ease the appearance of bulging varicose veins or dark spider veins. Vein treatments are often quick and easy, and they can help increase patients’ confidence immeasurably.