Plastic surgery is an important decision, one that most people don’t take lightly. So, it stands to reason that patients select their surgeon with great caution and care. On this very Web site, many doctors have posted various guidelines for selecting a surgeon – all of which are useful. But I thought I’d highlight something here that, if available, can be a fantastic representation of what your overall experience with a surgeon will be: real patient stories.
Your surgeon should have prior patients who would be thrilled to share their positive experience. I’ve had several wonderful patients volunteer to tell their stories online to help other people beginning the plastic surgery journey. You can read these stories of plastic surgery in San Diego on my Web site.
What Do Patient Stories Tell Us?
Here are a few things you can learn when reading patient stories:
- How did the patient select the surgeon?
- Why did the patient select their chosen procedure?
- Did the surgeon listen to and respect the patient? Did the surgeon take the time to understand the patient’s concerns and goals?
- Did the patient feel informed, confident, and prepared for their procedure?
- Did the surgery go smoothly?
- What was the recovery like?
As you can see, there’s a lot that can be learned when you hear from actual patients. They can provide valuable information – not just about the surgeon, but about their procedure(s), too. So, be on the lookout for real patient stories when you visit doctors’ Web sites.