I offer several types of breast implants at my Indiana plastic surgery practice, and now there’s another option out there. In mid-June, the FDA approved MENTOR® MemoryShape™ Breast Implants. This new option has distinct qualities that can benefit certain patients. Here”s what you need to know about MemoryShape implants:
- Silicone shell filled with highly cohesive silicone gel
- FDA approved for breast augmentation patients who are at least 22 years old and breast reconstruction patients
- Teardrop shape creates a fuller projection at the bottom of the implant, which mimics the natural breast silhouette
- Textured shell holds implants in place
- Lowered risk of rupture, due to cohesive gel with increased cross-linking
- Approved outside of the U.S. for more than a decade
While this new option has a number of benefits, it”s not right for all breast augmentation patients. Each person”s breast enhancement procedure should be customized to her needs, so it”s crucial to seek out a qualified plastic surgeon. He or she will be able to choose the appropriate breast implant to create beautiful, natural-looking results.