When men and women come to me to discuss a hair transplant in San Diego, they often have many questions about the NeoGraft procedure. While the prospect of an automated hair restoration system may give you pause, this follicular unit extraction (FUE) device is exceptionally safe and efficient.
Just like other FUE methods, NeoGraft allows surgeons to harvest donor follicles from the back of your head and implant them into thinning areas. It operates via suction, meaning the surgeon doesn’t need to touch your follicles with forceps. This protects them from damage, allowing them to flourish and remain healthy in their new location. Some of the many advantages of NeoGraft include that it:
- Is minimally invasive
- Requires no incisions and leaves no linear scar
- Has a short recovery period
- Is a comparatively quick transplantation method and potentially less costly
- Helps your surgeon create a natural-looking hairline
- Allows you to wear your hair short and engage in rigorous exercise without worrying about a visible scar
Board-certified plastic surgeons have the skill and aesthetic vision to give you a successful transplant. If you are interested in hair restoration, schedule a consultation with your plastic surgeon.