Gynecomastia – a condition characterized by over-developed male breasts – affects a significant number of men, and is easily treated through breast reduction surgery. Here are some facts about this effective procedure:
- Although techniques vary, doctors will typically remove a combination of excess fat, skin and glandular tissue during surgery.
- Male breast reduction is not a substitute for a healthy and active lifestyle, but instead should be used for men who have attempted reducing the size of their breasts through diet and exercise habits.
- Ideal candidates have elastic skin that will respond well to the surgery. This will lead to a more comfortable recovery, and can create natural results with minimal scarring.
- Male Breast reduction is an excellent procedure to combine with other treatments such as liposuction on Long Island. This can provide men with more comprehensive results, and a more masculine body contour.
- Most men are able to return to work within one week of surgery, and attempt strenuous activity, such as exercise, shortly after that.
This is just a portion of the information surgeons can give during a consultation. When a person is considering any plastic surgery procedure, the best step to take is visiting a qualified surgeon to develop a surgery plan.