From Fire Island to the Hamptons, residents in our area want to maintain a sleek physique. The challenge: despite heading to the gym daily at 5 am and sticking to a healthy diet, many of us still struggle to achieve the sculpted bodies we want. With liposuction on Long Island, you can achieve thinner thighs, a taut tummy, and a more contoured body. The procedure can also deliver big benefits to those dreaded love handles.
Here’s how it works:
- I perform liposuction under a sedative or light general anesthesia (administered by a board-certified MD anesthesiologist) as an outpatient surgery. The procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours.
- To minimize swelling, bruising and discomfort, I use the tumescent liposuction method, injecting a solution of saline, local anesthesia and adrenaline into the targeted areas of fat.
- I make tiny incisions, then insert a very slender tube, called a cannula, into the fat deposits. I use this tube to suction out the fat and achieve your desired shape.
- In most cases I will use Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) to achieve the greatest possible control and precision for your body contouring.
- Some areas of thinner skin, especially the inner thighs, may also be treated with laser-assisted liposuction, to add skin tightening.
The result: carefully sculpted curves in all the right places. Patients love how they look – including the loss of those love handles!