Before undergoing cosmetic surgery in Houston, it’s important to establish clear expectations for your surgery with your plastic surgeon. Use your consultation to discuss the results you expect to achieve, as well as your aesthetic goals. When performed correctly, plastic surgery should provide subtle, natural results – not drastically change your appearance. Here are my tips for making the most of your consultation:
- Research the proposed surgery and develop an understanding of the basic steps of the procedure.
- Bring in pictures of people with features that most closely resemble your cosmetic goals. This will give your surgeon a clearer understanding of your expectations.
- Come prepared with questions that you can ask your doctor about pre-surgery requirements, potential side effects, and expected recovery time.
- Take notes as you talk to your surgeon and the staff so you can refer to them once you return home.
- Be open with your doctor about any fears you may have. It may not be in the job description, but doctors should be able to ease your trepidations about surgery with knowledge of procedures and associated risks.