Lately, I have noticed that many people have outdated beliefs about face lift in the San Diego area. There are many new techniques and procedures that have improved the results of this procedure. Face lift surgery has evolved to provide distinguished, natural-looking improvements. Additionally, many new techniques have helped to speed recovery, reduce scarring, and provide more customized results.
Here are some additional facelift facts you may not have known:
- Face lift surgery can now be performed using a “short-scar technique” for more modest changes with minimal scarring.
- A face lift improves the lower two-thirds of the face (not the brows) and can correct sagging skin in the neck and jawline.
- Dermal fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic are often combined to produce a temporary lifting effect on the skin. This procedure is commonly referred to as a “liquid facelift” and lasts 3 to 6 months.
- In some cases, liposuction may be used to remove extra fat from the neck and chin to sculpt a more defined jawline.
- The majority of men and women experience minimal discomfort after facelift surgery and can return to work in 10 to 14 days.