It’s normal to have hesitations about changing your appearance. For my patients considering procedures such as facelift in Toronto, computer imaging technology can reduce worry by providing a visual prediction of surgical results.
This equipment uses your own photos and physical measurements to create a lifelike digital image of your surgical result. These images can be modified and altered to show the different aesthetic outcomes possible.
At my practice, I use computer imaging most frequently for rhinoplasty surgery, but also for a variety of other facial procedures like eyelid surgery and brow lift. I’ve found computer imaging to be extremely useful during consultations with my patients for a number of reasons:
- It helps me better understand my patient’s goals for surgery
- It facilitates dialogue about patient expectations
- It offers reliable (although not perfect) depictions of what can be achieved
- It provides the patient with peace of mind about their results
- It allows the patient to see how surgery could be enhanced with complementary procedures
It’s important to remember that computer imaging is just a tool to help you get a good idea of what can be accomplished through surgery; it is not a guarantee of results. The best way to ensure that you receive an attractive result from facial surgery is to choose an experienced board-certified facial plastic surgeon.