In my experience performing breast augmentation in Austin, I have seen firsthand the high level of satisfaction women get from the procedure. Now, thanks to a study published in the May 2013 issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, there are some stats to prove it, including how many women said they would undergo the procedure again.
The results of the study came from 225 patients surveyed over 5 years by their surgeon, the author of the study. Here are a few important findings:
- 98.1% of women felt their expectations were met or exceeded
- 85.5% achieved sufficient size
- 75.5% achieved sufficient firmness
- 9.3 (on scale of 1 to 10) was the average result rating
Women also reported increased confidence and quality of life thanks to the procedure.
- 64.3% experienced enhanced quality of life
- 91.1% experienced improved self-esteem
The most revealing statistic, though, is that 98.7%, almost all of the 225 women surveyed, said they would get a breast augmentation again.
You can read further results of the study here in the journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.