People visit different types of spas for different reasons, and it’s important to know what results you’re looking for before you choose a type day spa or a medical day spa. Day spas offer relaxing and pampering treatments like facials, manicures and pedicures, waxing and massage in Louisville.
Medical day spas, on the other hand, offer treatments supervised by a medical professional that have long-lasting results. Here, clients can receive anti-aging services like laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion. But one of the most popular treatments offered at our medical day spa in Louisville is BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport® injections.
CaloSpa offers these two similar injectables to remove those unwanted frown lines.
What are the similarities?
- BOTOX and Dysport are both prescription injectables that are injected into the muscles between the brows to relax the muscles and smooth wrinkles.
- The results of BOTOX and Dysport last between 3-4 months.
- The procedure is brief, and the results appear within 7-10 days
What’s the difference?
- BOTOX has been used in the U.S. since 2002, while Dysport was introduced in the U.S. in 2009. Dysport has been used in Europe and other international locations since 1991.
- Dysport offers a diffused effect, so it may be better suited for larger areas.