As the weather grows warmer you might be thinking about how you’re going to look when you step into your bathing suit or swim trunks. If you’ve taken care to eat right and exercise over the winter months, you may still welcome a little improvement when it comes to showing some skin. Plastic surgeons in Louisiana can offer many women and men effective, long-term ways to have a body they won’t want to cover up this summer. Five popular surgical procedures include:
- Abdominoplasty, often called a tummy tuck, can give you a flat, attractive abdominal area when weight loss and crunches haven’t helped. For many people, stretched skin and abdominal muscles are unable to bounce back when they’ve become stretched out – an abdominoplasty tackles these difficult problems for results that are as firm as they are slim.
- Liposuction helps many patients who visit us in Louisiana fine-tune their figure by removing areas of unwanted fat like tummy bulges, love handles, and saddle bags. I developed a technique called SAFELipo™ that provides dramatic improvements in contouring, with smooth, natural-appearing results, without the risks of burning & scarring the body’s tissues with a “smart” laser or other heat-producing device. This method also results in little to no bruising, so you can recover quickly.
- Breast augmentation increases breast size using silicone or saline implants. This procedure can help you look forward to wearing a variety of bathing suits by giving you the full, feminine breasts you’ve wanted for so long.
- Short-scar breast lifts can give you a firm, youthful breast shape. Many women combine this procedure with breast augmentation.
- Male breast reduction can help you look more masculine, eliminate self-consciousness, and increase self-esteem. After male breast reduction, men who were previously embarrassed by their large breasts (gynecomastia) can finally feel like they don’t have to wear a shirt at the beach anymore! Most times, this procedure can be done through tiny, hidden incisions in the armpit, leaving no trace of surgery.
Although you may need several weeks to recover completely from most of these procedures, there’s still time to improve your look in time for summer. It’s important to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who will help you choose the procedure that will best give you the results you want and help you form realistic expectations.